Monday, July 4, 2011

Fireworks!

I was really hoping that the Blob, in the spirit of Independence Day, might decide that today he would announce his emancipation from my body. No such luck.

Koby and I didn't celebrate the Fourth as vigorously as in years past - our grill is currently and temporarily out of commission, we have no access to a pool, and well, I'm still pregnant. Traveling was out of the question. But I made sure to sing as much of 'God Bless America' and 'America the Beautiful' as Koby could stand from the time I woke up this morning, feeling a need to compensate for my lack of allowable celebratory activities. And, even though we didn't know about the surprisingly good fireworks show at our local park, we still saw the best parts from our front porch. I took the liberty of collecting the best fireworks into a collage here for your viewing pleasure:


In other news, I spent most of the day working on my NEWEST website (bringing the total now to three - although I'm not sure if blogs really count as websites). But check it out, nonetheless.

www.wix.com/andrewskca/paintsandpistols

Feeling thankful today for the freedoms we enjoy in our great country, but even more for the freedom we know in our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment