Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wedding at the Gulf


One of my best friends got married in Alabama this past weekend.  And I must say Helen did a FABULOUS job planning her wedding, not to mention being a stunning bride! 

It was hard to leave Knox - every time I thought of him while I was away my heart genuinely hurt.  BUT there isn't anything I can think of that could be more worthy to steal me away than watching a friend get married!  And I do love to travel.


I had to leave the house at 4 in the morning to catch my flight to Mobile by way of Houston.  Needless to say, when I arrived (the standard two hours early) it was fairly empty.  Right after I took this picture a mom and her little boy walked up and I nearly cried watching them interact, already missing Knox terribly.


Hmmm, this view can cure some blues.  Gulf Shores is AWESOME.  I spent most of my time in Orange Beach.  I can safely say that with each trip, West Texas is becoming less appealing...


It was so fun to be a part of Helen's day and I LOVED getting to know Devon and Liebelei, her best friends from college, better. We had a great time before, during, and after the wedding.  It makes my heart happy to meet people who love the people I love.


I didn't get a ton of pictures from the weekend because... well, it's just hard to take pictures with a DSLR when you're dancing your little bridesmaid heart out  :-)



Things didn't go as smoothly on the way home - Koby told me on Saturday that it'd been rainy all day (I was a bit jealous that I was missing the perfect read-a-book weather) and apparently it headed to Houston on Sunday.  Which delayed my flights for hours and eventually one ended up being cancelled.  At that moment I realized how much I really missed my little family.  The thought of being away from Knox and Koby for ANOTHER WHOLE DAY made me want to curl up under the airport chairs and cry.  Luckily, one of the airport employees had already reserved me a seat on the last flight to Lubbock that night when it looked like I wouldn't make my connection.  And thus I avoided a mommy melt down.


While I was gone, Knox's wonderful Lovie came to stay and help out since Koby would be spending most of his time with football.  She kept me sane by sending regular pictures so I wouldn't have to send the "What's he doing now" text every few hours.  Here's my smart boy checkin' himself out on her computer.

Let's hear it for friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment