Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Checking In

As I mentioned in my last post, we taught Knox to growl.  I don't mean to say that he wasn't doing it before, just that we began ... a growling conversation, as you might have seen in the video.  When I tried to get him to growl back at me the next day, this happened.


Yes, I had to prompt him more than once to make this face.  Yes, he eventually cried and I stopped.

So it would seem we're taking a step back on the communication front.  But where am I in regards to my New Year's Resolutions?  I'm glad you asked.


Be healthy.  I haven't consumed a coke of any kind in weeks people.  I don't know if I'm necessarily drinking more water... but tea and coffee are made from water so that counts right?  I'm jogging three times a week in preparation for my very first ever 5k race in Dallas on April 15.  It's very slow going.  When Knox comes with me it's so slow we're almost going backwards.

Be happy.  I have failed miserably at purposefully finding something every day to be thankful for - not to be read as I am unhappy.  Room for improvement.

Be smart.  Compulsive spending?  Don't think I've done a lot lately and we've been pretty good about donating (or at least adding to the to-donate pile) or giving away the things we don't use often.  It's really liberating.  Photography business still very disorganized, but I have an excuse - every one I want to ask for advice on legal+business type issues is having or just had a baby.  Probably not the best time.

Be present.  Check and check.  Loving life, family, job - something is in the works with the last two things.  No, I'm not pregnant.  Details to come. 





No comments:

Post a Comment