Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Farewell to Arms

It's that time of year again: PROM is upon us, and gesticulation is heavy on the ground in high school classrooms every where.  Just take a look around (if you find yourself surrounded one day by high school heathens) and you'll see girls gesturing precisely and just-so with their hands and arms - you can literally watch the same conversation play out hundreds of times.

They're describing their prom dresses.  I noticed this phenomenon when I was in high school - I even did it myself.  I challenge any married woman to describe her own wedding dress and NOT use her hands.  It's taken me years, but I've finally managed to eliminate all hand/arm movement and I can successfully describe my own senior prom dress in two concise words: blue disaster.

In other news, my 'race' is looming and I am 'ready'.  It pains me to call it a race because I most assuredly will not win, nor will I try.  I prefer to call it a 'run'.  In other other news, my sister could actually win it for her age group, though she keeps talking about 'running with me', a notion of hers I have been abusing hotly. 

And finally, to sum up what we've been doing lately?  Track meets.  Track practices.  Easter Sunday.  Senior photo sessions.  Sometimes running.  Sometimes cleaning.  Teething.  Crawling.  And of course, using every day objects as highly entertaining toys for our son.


No comments:

Post a Comment