Friday, April 20, 2012

InstaFriday

Well, I haven't done this in awhile.  It's time for InstaFriday... and this week, I have lots of FOOD for you.  Because that's essentially what I've been doing this past week.


Confession - this picture is actually from the week before last... but who can beat blueberry pancakes for dinner?  (As pictured: three helpings worth.)  This is what I make for myself when I'm cooking solo: Koby won't look at a plate of food unless there's a dead animal on it.


Normally I don't condone the consumption of sandwiches that are too large for the mouth, but this one was an exception.  About a year(?) ago I read this blog post written by my friend Joey, in which he sang the spicy, scrumptious praises of Sriracha sauce.  And of course, being the person about whom advertising moguls dream, I went out and bought some.  You should too.  This grilled chicken breast sandwich boasted Sriacha mayo, spinach, jalapenos, tomatoes, and gooey melted cheese.  Here's the recipe for creating your own Sriacha mayonnaise - mix the two together.  And then put it on e v e r y t h i n g.


Ok now, this is the real deal, my latest pride and joy - husband just gave it an easy 'A' after eating three chicken breasts.  And it's LEMON, which is a do-no-wrong ingredient in my opinion.  I got the recipe here from the Food Network website.  I had to sub in a few things - chicken stock for dry white wine, basil for oregano and ground thyme instead of fresh.  Oh, and I didn't have a lemon to zest so I added an extra tablespoon of lemon juice.  Did I mention I love lemon?  I am writing this recipe down for the Cocina de Andrews permanent files right now.  No, that's a lie.  The truth is I'm barely restraining myself from spooning up the rest of this lemon sauce and drinking it like sweet ambrosia.  Did I mention I love lemon?

In other news, Koby's seventh grade girls track team won first in district.  He's traveling with the Varsity girls next week to the Regional Qualifier meet.  We're counting down the days 'til summer vacation (23, did you know?) and at 9 months (to the day!) Knox weighs 21 lbs.

Follow me on Instagram: c_andrews

What'd you do this week?

life rearranged

No comments:

Post a Comment