Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Food Lately... and Pinterest

If you're not on Pinterest, you don't know what you're missing.

I'm a firm believer that creativity breeds creativity... and this site totally does it for me.  It's inspired me in the kitchen, clued in me in to wayyyyyyy more things to accumulate and eventually upcycle (which I'm sure thrills my husband slightly less than it does me), and it's basically written the curriculum this year so far for my advanced Art IV student, who has already finished cut paper designs inspired by Nikki McClure and is currently working on an installation piece in the vein of these works - ALL of which I discovered via the incredible resource that is Pinterest.

In the past few weeks, the Cocina de Andrews tried out a few new recipes, courtesy of my obsessive pinning, and I'd like to share them now, complete with reviews from a reliable source.  (To see the recipes, click the titles.)

#1. Knock You Nekked Brownies
  •  Rating: B+
  • We've already talked about this one.  It's possible that I finished the pan by myself.  Not a big deal.

#2. Chicken Enchilada Pasta
  • Rating: B
  • Room for improvement - change the penne pasta to a shell pasta.  (My thoughts?  Pretty good, I'd make it again.  A solid "B" in my book.  Beware - the recipe doesn't say but this yields A TON of food.  We had enough leftovers for me to eat lunch, dinner and then for both of us to have dinner.)

#3. Cilantro Lime Chicken Soup 
  • Rating: B+
  • Room for improvement - the husband wants cheese.  (Personally, I gave this one an A because I love light, fresh soups whereas Koby prefers stews.  This one is outta control good, people.  Hands down beats soups at places like Abuelo's.)


So if you see me in a few months and I've packed on the pounds, I'm not pregnant again, just enjoying the fruits of my pinning behavior.  I love reading about how others have been inspired by Pinterest, like the beautiful wreath that Sarah made.  I'd love for you to share what you've created!  How has Pinterest changed your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment